Digital Marketing Director
Effective August 2020
Christine Joy Studio
The Digital Marketing Director will develop/execute Christine Joy Studio's marketing and social strategies and manage the brand's consumer facing messages. This role is responsible for speaking to our global customer base and engaging them with our brand to drive sales.
Our ideal candidate will have a track record of success with growth marketing initiatives across all digital channels and owning a P&L. S/he has a creative eye, understands our brand aesthetic and can articulate it through creative assets.
This position reports to the CEO/Founder.
Key Results Areas
1. Increase website traffic and conversion. Plan and execute all acquisition/prospecting efforts including affiliate management, paid search, 1:1 marketing (email, SMS). Report weekly results with recommendations on spend/strategy changes.
2. Partner with Founder on the development of creative assets each season to ensure that e-commerce and wholesale’s requirements are met
3. Own and manage a seasonal and annual marketing calendar; partner with design, planning and creative to ensure that messaging, promotions and CTAs are in line with financial plans and design direction
4. Improve customer retention and cross-category spending through the development of a VIP customer program
5. Oversee website merchandising to ensure product presentation, product descriptions and customer user experience meets brand standards
6. Stay ahead of the competition by contributing innovative and creative ideas to engage the customer and elevate the brand. Partner with COO on constantly researching and vetting new technology platforms.
7. Lead, manage and develop the marketing team
- Driving traffic and sales on christinejoystudio.com; increasing customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Sets targets on key KPIs - traffic, conversion, engagement; and partners cross-functionally with planning, sales, graphic design to execute marketing strategies to meet those targets.
- Reports weekly to CEO on productivity of marketing spend by channel
- Ensures all communications and social media channels reflect the brand's tone and properly leverages seasonal creative assets
- Innovates new ways of connecting customers to Christine Joy Studio through collaborations, partnerships and unique/high-impact events
- Owns the customer experience - from the first visit to our website - to receiving a package; plans and executes strategies to improve the experience
- Partners with PR agency on all press and marketing initiatives; owns weekly meeting and follow-up action
- Partners with wholesale sales to plan and provide proper creative assets every season
- Able to articulate the brand through presentations/decks, press releases and digital messaging
- Digital Platform Knowledge. Expert level understanding of FB Ads Manager, Pepperjam, Google Analytics with proven track record of driving customer acquisition and e-commerce sales.
- Analytical and reporting prowess. Able to analyze multiple sources of data, present key insights and provide actionable recommendations.
- Creative mindset. Understands brand aesthetic and can evolve our story-telling to the customer through visuals and experiential marketing. Experience working with digital media agencies a plus.
- Executive level presentation skills. Creates clear, concise and influential presentations that articulate key ideas. Excellent written and verbal skills. Comfortable presenting to a large audience.
- Strong business mindset. Owns the marketing budget and can calculate ROI by channel. Able to collaborate cross-functionally with planning and finance.
- Minimum 5+ experience in digital marketing, including in-house at an e-commerce company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field required
- Passionate about cultural marketing trends
- Sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize
- Able to work productively in an entrepreneurial environment and across multiple departments (Design, Planning, Sales, Finance)
- Able to think strategically and solve problems
- Experience managing and developing a team
Qualified candidates should email resumes to email@example.com